The Block Dock – NZ Made
$30.00 – $35.00
The Block Docks fits all shapes, sizes including regular soap bars, shampoo, conditioner bars, laundry and kitchen bars. Minimalist by design, and fits in small spaces. Designed and made here in Otago, with aluminium and powder coated to be hardwearing and long-lasting.
Block Dock Wide – 8.45cm wide, 5.6cm tall and 4.3cm deep and weighs just 29 grams. It fits bars up to 3.8cm in depth – the shortest side of your bar. White, grey and black colours available.
Block Dock Super Wide – 9.7cm wide, 6.5cm tall and 5.7cm deep. Fits bars up to 5.5cm in depth. White
Brush Dock 2 – holds 2 toothbrushes. White
Brush Dock 4 – holds 4 toothbrushes. White
100% recyclable in aluminium and powder-coated there’s a Block Dock to suit every bathroom, kitchen, laundry, caravan, boat, anywhere a bar is used. The pvc suction cup enables wall mounting away from water spray and adheres to glass, acrylic, vitreous china, steel, most smooth tiles and mirrors.
- Every bar stored in the Block Dock vertical soap dish and shampoo bar holder will dry faster and last longer
- Now it’s easy to ditch single-use plastic bottles and make the switch to solid bars
- Designed for quick draining and all-side airflow, bars stay hard, easy-grip and useable to the last sliver
- Save money on bars and time spent cleaning!
- Stands upright on flat surfaces
- Multipurpose holes offer options for hanging
- Weighing less than 30grams, it makes a great travelling companion
- The Block Dock is designed as a buy once, use forever treasure
- You will never suffer soggy soap again with this original Kiwi design that is Made in New Zealand
The Block Dock comes with a pvc suction cup for mounting to clean surfaces that are smooth and non-porous (acrylic, non-coated glass, mirror, vitreous china, many smooth shiny tiles but not all). Wet the back with water before sticking.
Suction cups won’t stick to rough or porous surfaces, like textured tiles or paint because they can’t form the vacuum needed to work.
When new all bars should be placed at the front of the Block DockTM soap dish.
As they change size and shape with use, let them lean to the back.
The Block DockTM does its best ‘no-mess’ work when wall-mounted to smooth surfaces where residue can run to a drain. It is perfect for shower walls and the insides of baths, basins and sinks, including oval and round-shaped ones.
The suction cup should be inserted through the keyhole at the rear of the Dock and pulled tight into the top section.
The suction cup WILL adhere to glass, mirror, vitreous china, steel, acrylic, and most smooth tiles.
The suction cup will NOT adhere to textured tiles, paint, and other porous surfaces because it cannot form the vacuum needed to work.
If your glass has been coated with a water stain protectant, it may not suction there either. If nothing has successfully suctioned to your surface before it will be the same for our suction cups.
We can suggest an alternate option in the form of nanotape backings. Super sticky on both sides, they adhere to an accessory and then also to your surface. Remove the paper on both sides of the tape. Nanotape sticks to most surfaces but not all. Twist the accessory to remove and peel off the residual tape.
Please give due consideration to whether your surfaces are suitable for any of the Block DockTM installation options and do not proceed if you perceive any risk.
- Locate your Block DockTM accessory outside of direct water spray. Use your shampoo, conditioner, or soap bar straight onto your wet hair or body. It does not need extra time underwater. Put your bar back into the Block DockTM when you are done.
- The Block DockTM is designed to allow airflow around all sides which enables your bar to dry fast and last. When your bar stays solid you won’t lose your money to mush!
- In basins and sinks it is a good idea to suction the Block DockTM to the inside the bowl and outside the fall or level of the water. Keep your surfaces clear and reduce cleaning time – any residue drains directly away to a drain.
- Clean the suction cup and the surface you want your Block DockTMaccessory to adhere to. Use isopropyl alcohol if needed and it is suitable for your surface.
- Wet the back of the suction cup with water and place it in your desired location. Press hard on the head where you want it to stay. Check the whole of the suction cup is flat against your surface and stays put. Give it some time to be sure it has adhered.
- Slip your Block DockTMaccessory over the head of the suction cup, pulling it down to fit tight in the top of the keyhole.
- Add any bar or other contents suited to the accessory you have.
- If your bar feels a little tight when new, gently pinch the legs of the Block DockTM together to give the bar a boost up.
- As bars change their shape and weight from time to time, you may need to adjust their placement. If your bar is not sitting comfortably, angle it with the top towards the back of the Block DockTM and the bottom towards the front.
- When your bar becomes very small, begin to store it horizontally or lightly press it to the inner side of the soap dish. Use it in the flat of your hand until the last sliver disappears or attach it to your next bar while both bars are wet to avoid any wastage.
- If your bar is extra-wide, extra-long or especially heavy, choose a SuperWide Block Dock which is built for big bars. You can also adjust the Block DockTM from side to side to achieve balance – this can be necessary with very oversized bars.
- When you want to change the location of your Block DockTM soap dish simply lift the small tag on the suction cup and the suction will break. Nanotape must be twisted off.
IF YOUR SURFACE WON’T STICK TRY THESE IDEAS
- Give your suction cup a 2-minute soak in a cup of boiling water. Then follow the installation steps again, leaving time between each step.
- Suction to the nearest glass surface.
- Try the nanotape backings instead.
- If your surface allows it, install with flat-head screws.
Wipe the Block DockTM soap dish clean with your finger while showering and then dry it completely. To keep it in tip top condition, clean weekly.
Your suction cup will also benefit from a regular clean in very hot water. In time the suction cup may need to be replaced if it begins to deteriorate.
With your good care the Block DockTM will give you many years of soap-saving service.
Take care not to scratch or penetrate the powder coating, and never put the Block DockTM in a dishwasher as these actions will reduce its lifespan.
If you have a Shower Dome® Shower Top or similar, be sure to give your bars some time in fresh air every few days. If your bar has gone soft, it needs time outside the shower. The Block DockTM will adhere to the outside of your glass or acrylic shower or stand on the flat in a ventilated area.
BLOCK DOCK WIDE white, BLOCK DOCK WIDE silver, BLOCK DOCK WIDE black, BLOCK DOCK SUPER WIDE white, BRUSH DOCK 2 white, BRUSH DOCK 4 white